It sucks when someone you have feelings for doesn’t share those feelings; it happens to women all the time, too. We hear “I just want to be friends” and “you’re like one of the guys” and “you’re like a sister to me” just as often. But you’ll never hear a woman complain that guys just don’t appreciate a Nice Girl because we’re taught it’s our own fucking fault when we’re rejected—we aren’t pretty enough or thin enough or sexy enough, we weren’t sexual enough or were too sexual, we put out too much or too little or too soon or not soon enough, we didn’t wear our hair the right way or our skirt the right length, we’re “too tomboyish” or “too butch” or “too feminine”, or we’re “not their type”, or we’re otherwise not good enough in various ways to entice the man to grace us with his affection.
But when we’re not interested in someone, we’re vilified. We’re the bitch that lead them on, the bitch who let them buy us dinner but didn’t want to date them, the bitch who doesn’t appreciate a nice guy, the bitch they were nice to and then got nothing in return from.
And, frankly, fuck those people. Showing interest in me, being friendly with me, getting close to me, or eating a meal with me (even if they paid for it) doesn’t obligate me to open my heart or my legs. And anyone who doesn’t appreciate my friendship sure as hell doesn’t deserve my love or my pussy.—
- feminists: Women read certain behaviours as creepy and/or rapey; that's just how they come across to women because sexual assault.
- dudebro: But that's not why I do those things. I'm a special and unique individual.
- feminists: The woman doesn't care that you're special and unique individual. It is a matter of not getting assaulted for her. Rapists think of themselves as special too.
- dudebro: But I'd never assault her. If she knew me she wouldn't think that! I'm nice and polite and I rescue stray puppies.
- feminists: Are you being deliberately dense or are you seriously incapable of understanding that women want to avoid violence more than they want to get to know some random dude.
- dudebro: It's just not FAIR that my special unique eminent self should suffer because of what other guys do.
- feminists: Have you tried talking to your male relatives, friends, colleagues, and acquaintances about male violence?
- dudebro: No! Why should men need to change? Women just need to become less sensitive.
- feminists: OK, never mind, let's set them all on fire.
hey what if someone invented a machine that allowed women to transfer their pregnancies to men and then the government passed a law that if a woman didn’t want to have a baby the biological father was required to carry it how fast do you think birth control would stop being an issue
i swear if moffat writes amy sneezing and rory giving her a tissue the fandom would assume because rory provided the tissue for amy and that amy couldn’t go get her own tissue that moffat is a sexist and wants to show that all men should provide women with tissues and women aren’t strong enough to get their own tissues
yes, that is exactly what our objection is. I know if a man ever got me a tissue, my ladyparts would LEAP FROM MY BODY AND SUFFOCATE HIM BECAUSE HE DARED HAND ME SOMETHING. That’s the main advantage of being a feminist.
wow,theyve got us pegged so clearly, that is exactly my issue with moffat